Profile

BITROS HOLDING S.A. is  at the summit of the pyramid of companies that form the BITROS Group. It is a company whose portfolio holds both majority and minority share packages important number of  companies active mainly in the metallurgy, real-estate development and energy sectors.

Established in Piraeus in 1945 by Ioannis Bitros, the father of its current chairman, as a one-man business trading in iron products, it has operated as a société anonyme since 1957 under the name “BITROS S.A.” In its seventy two year history it has followed a remarkable course of development that has led to its becoming one of the top Greek companies in the manufacture and trade of steel products. In 1990 the Company was listed on the Athens Stock Exchange.

In 2000 it was converted into a holding company. The conversion was effected through the separation of the metallurgy branch of BITROS S.A. and its absorption by another legal entity named BITROS STEEL S.A.

The company’s headquarters and central offices are located near Athens at 100, Nato Avenue, Aspropyrgos.